Re: porting libpq?

From: "Ariel Manzur" <puntob(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Bruce Momjian" <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-ports(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: porting libpq?
Date: 2008-01-05 20:17:14
Lists: pgsql-ports

On Jan 5, 2008 3:13 PM, Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us> wrote:
> Ariel Manzur wrote:
> > Hi..
> >
> > I need to port libpq to a platform that doesn't have a POSIX-like
> > network API, so I was wondering if the network usage on libpq was
> > layered somehow? I noticed that it has code for win32, so I guess
> > there's something, but I didn't see much. Is there any documentation
> > on how to do this?
>
> There is no documentation I know of about porting libpq to other
> platforms. It normally "just works", with some adjustments for Win32,
> as you mentioned. If you are more specific about problems you are
> having we can help.

No "problems" yet, just looking at what I need to get started.. I
noticed that it includes other libraries like openssl.h and krb5.h, do
any of those make their own calls to the posix network api? Also, is
it supposed to also work with filesystem sockets too?

I've been looking at the code and I see there's calls to send, recv,
socket, etc directly, so I guess I'll have to isolate them myself.. It
seems to include pthreads too, but it looks like it should be easy to
replace.

Thanks for the reply..

Ariel.