Sample configuration files

From: Vik Fearing <vik(at)2ndquadrant(dot)fr>
To: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Sample configuration files
Date: 2016-08-29 01:34:36
Lists: pgsql-hackers

We have sample configuration files for postgresql.conf and
recovery.conf, but we do not have them for contrib modules. This patch
attempts to add them.

Although the patch puts the sample configuration files in the tree, it
doesn't try to install them. That's partly because I think it would
need an extension version bump and that doesn't seem worth it.

Also, while writing this patch, it crossed my mind that the plpgsql
variables should probably be in the main postgresql.conf file because we
install it by default. I will happily write that patch if desired,
independently of this patch.

Current as of 26fa446, added to next commitfest.
--
Vik Fearing +33 6 46 75 15 36

Attachment Content-Type Size
sample_confs_v01.patch invalid/octet-stream 4.7 KB