Re: Module not found on connection

From: "pct" <pct(at)AtlasWebmail(dot)com>
To: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
Subject: Re: Module not found on connection
Date: 2002-08-03 01:54:12
Lists: pgadmin-support

:1) Does C:\Windows\System32\psqlodbc.dll exist on your
:system? It should
:be around 200kb iirc.

That file seems OK

:2) Can you try logging in whilst logged into XP as
:an Administrator?

Yes .. problam is the same

:3) Also, there used to be an MDAC checker at www.microsoft.com/data

OK, this shows MSDADC.dll as not being found in a program directory
(SAP business warehouse frontend). Probably the result of a brute
force installation process on their part.

I've edited the class-id's associated with this file in the registry
(after backing up the keys of course). The DAC check now runs
without errors but I now get 'Error in the DLL' in frmConnect.cmdConnect_Click
with PGAdmin. Funnily enough your connection debugging tool connects
OK(?). DBTools still connects too.

An ODBC trace shows the following:
pgAdmin2 a2c-7f8 ENTER SQLAllocEnv
HENV * 1F6CCDBC

pgAdmin2 a2c-7f8 EXIT SQLAllocEnv with return code 0
(SQL_SUCCESS)
HENV * 0x1F6CCDBC ( 0x02601540)

pgAdmin2 a2c-7f8 ENTER SQLGetEnvAttr
SQLHENV 02601540
SQLINTEGER 201 <unknown>
SQLPOINTER [Unknown attribute 201]
SQLINTEGER 4
SQLINTEGER * 0x0012D110

pgAdmin2 a2c-7f8 EXIT SQLGetEnvAttr with return code
0 (SQL_SUCCESS)
SQLHENV 02601540
SQLINTEGER 201 <unknown>
SQLPOINTER [Unknown attribute 201]
SQLINTEGER 4
SQLINTEGER * 0x0012D110 (1390040)

pgAdmin2 a2c-7f8 ENTER SQLAllocEnv
HENV * 1F6CCDC0

pgAdmin2 a2c-7f8 EXIT SQLAllocEnv with return code 0
(SQL_SUCCESS)
HENV * 0x1F6CCDC0 ( 0x026015e8)

pgAdmin2 a2c-7f8 ENTER SQLSetEnvAttr
SQLHENV 026015E8
SQLINTEGER 201 <unknown>
SQLPOINTER [Unknown attribute 201]
SQLINTEGER -6

pgAdmin2 a2c-7f8 EXIT SQLSetEnvAttr with return code
0 (SQL_SUCCESS)
SQLHENV 026015E8
SQLINTEGER 201 <unknown>
SQLPOINTER [Unknown attribute 201]