Re: TAP tests and symlinks on Windows

From: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(dot)dunstan(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: Peter Eisentraut <peter(dot)eisentraut(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>
Cc: Juan José Santamaría Flecha <juanjo(dot)santamaria(at)gmail(dot)com>, Dagfinn Ilmari Mannsåker <ilmari(at)ilmari(dot)org>, pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: TAP tests and symlinks on Windows
Date: 2020-07-10 11:58:02
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 7/8/20 9:54 AM, Andrew Dunstan wrote:

> Then, with a little more sprinkling of perl2host the pg_basebackup tests
> can be made to work on msys2.
>

> I'm going to prepare patches along these lines.

After much frustration and gnashing of teeth here's a patch that allows
almost all the TAP tests involving symlinks to work as expected on all
Windows build environments, without requiring an additional Perl module.
I have tested this on a system that is very similar to that running
drongo and fairywren, with both msys2 and  MSVC builds.

I didn't change the name of perl2host - Sufficient unto the day is the
evil thereof. But I did modify it  a) to allow use of cygpath if
available and b) to allow it to succeed if the grandparent directory
exists when cygpath isn't available.

cheers

andrew

--
Andrew Dunstan https://www.2ndQuadrant.com

Attachment Content-Type Size
win-tap-symlink-2.patch text/x-patch 16.0 KB