Re: Performance with 2 AMD/Opteron 2.6Ghz and 8gig DDR PC3200

From: "Kjell Tore Fossbakk" <kjelltore(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Claus Guttesen" <kometen(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Performance with 2 AMD/Opteron 2.6Ghz and 8gig DDR PC3200
Date: 2006-07-30 19:01:37
Lists: pgsql-performance

Hello.

OS: Gentoo 2006.0 with gentoo's hardened kernel
Version: I haven't checked. Im guessing 8.0.8 (latest stable on all systems)
or 8.1.4 which is the latest package.

I'm still gonna try to run with smart array 5i. How can i find out that my
performance with that is crappy? Without ripping down my systems, and using
software raid?

Kjell Tore

--
"Be nice to people on your way up because you meet them on your way down."