Re: Type Categories for User-Defined Types

From: "Ryan Bradetich" <rbradetich(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Tom Lane" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: "David E(dot) Wheeler" <david(at)kineticode(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Type Categories for User-Defined Types
Date: 2008-07-30 07:24:38
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Tom,

On Tue, Jul 29, 2008 at 2:33 PM, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us> wrote:
> Yeah, that's the point of the proposal. I think the issue has come up
> once or twice before, too, else I'd not be so interested in a general
> solution. (digs in archives ... there was some discussion of this
> in connection with unsigned integer types, and I seem to recall older
> threads but can't find any right now.)

Anything I should be looking into and/or testing for unsigned integer support?

Thanks!

- Ryan

P.S. I have most of the uint2 and uint4 types implemented. I am currently
working on the unit and performance testing. I need to upgrade one of
my Linux boxes first before I can complete my testing. I am hoping to post
my code and performance testing later this week.