Re: Add client connection check during the execution of the query

From: s(dot)cherkashin(at)postgrespro(dot)ru
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Add client connection check during the execution of the query
Date: 2019-02-08 17:16:15
Lists: pgsql-hackers

The purpose of this patch is to stop the execution of continuous
requests in case of a disconnection from the client. In most cases, the
client must wait for a response from the server before sending new data
- which means there should not remain unread data on the socket and we
will be able to determine a broken connection.
Perhaps exceptions are possible, but I could not think of such a use
case (except COPY). I would be grateful if someone could offer such
cases or their solutions.
I added a test for the GUC variable when the client connects via SSL,
but I'm not sure that this test is really necessary.

Best regards,
Sergey Cherkashin.

Attachment Content-Type Size
Add_client_connection_check_v2.patch text/x-diff 13.1 KB