Unable to connect from other machine

From: Mikko Heiskanen <mikko(at)whitecortex(dot)net>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Unable to connect from other machine
Date: 2005-05-14 14:56:24
Lists: pgsql-novice

Hi list,

I am having problems connecting to postgresql 7.4.7 server running on
Mac OS X,
from other machine running FreeBSD 5.4-release.
The program I'm using is pgAdmin III.
On my server configuration I have
pg_hba.conf:
host all all 10.0.0.33/24 trust

postgresql.conf:
tcpip_socket = true

I have restarted the server after changing the settings.

On the pgAdmin III's connection settings I have address and port
definitions right.
The username is only a postgresql user, not UNIX-environment user.
My tcp-wrappers are set to allow local network hosts.
What else could be affecting the connection?

TIA,
Mikko Heiskanen
(ps, I'm not subscribed)