Aggregates not allowed in WHERE clause?

From: Frans <fransgunawan(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Aggregates not allowed in WHERE clause?
Date: 2004-12-16 05:02:34
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi All,

I have a table (table info) with 2 column, column 'name' and column 'quantity'.

name | quantity
--------------------------
a | 5
b | 3
a | 3
c | 4
b | 6

If I want to sum the sum of all entry in table.

name | quantity
------------------------
a | 8
b | 9
c | 4

I can use : select name, sum(quantity) from info group by name;

I want to show the sum of all entry that bigger than 5
name | quantity
a | 8
b | 9

I try to use : select name, sum(quantity) from info where
sum(quantity)>20 group by name;
This yields the message: 'Aggregates not allowed in WHERE clause'.

Can somebody help me here....

thx,

Frans