sql with postgresql beginner

From: radix(at)ihug(dot)com(dot)au
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: sql with postgresql beginner
Date: 2000-08-30 22:18:30
Lists: pgsql-novice

Could somebody comment on why my SQL query hasn't produced the desired
result (apart from pointing out that my SQL skills suck)

I've listed the two tables I'm using (created them from an example
article at www.networkcomputing.com) and the select statement which
isn't producing the correct result.

list table
==========
item | vendorcode | quantity
-------------+------------+----------
Root Beer | 100 | 3
Ice Cream | 100 | 1
Napkins | 101 | 50
Spark Plugs | 102 | 4

vendors table
=============
vendorcode | vendorname
------------+---------------------------
100 | Super Grocer
101 | Genernal Department Store
102 | General Auto Parts

Now here's the select statement which I thought should produce just
one row containing "Napkins | Genernal Department Store"

select list.item, vendors.vendorname
from list, vendors
where list.vendorcode = 101;
item | vendorname