Re: [Bizgres-general] WAL bypass for INSERT, UPDATE and

From: August Zajonc <augustz(at)augustz(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [Bizgres-general] WAL bypass for INSERT, UPDATE and
Date: 2006-01-01 01:02:24
Lists: pgsql-hackers

As a user and a list lurker I very much like Bruce's proposed ALTER
TABLE syntax. COPY LOCK (and the variants I can imagine being required
for all the other types of cases) don't seem as appealing.

And ALTER TABLE seems to make it clear it is an object level change,
feels like it fits the internal model of the change better.

As a user a quick note that I've really found the documentation strong,
which makes a big difference. Probably a low glory thing but much
appreciated.

Big props everyone I see posting for keeping an eye (and code) on the
various optimizations, a lot of the use cases are ones I can relate too
(beyond even the ETL ones). I'm always impressed at the range of areas
folks are looking at improving, and hope to see it encouraged, even with
something as useless as thanks :)

To a good new year... and a great past one.

- August