PATCH: multivariate histograms and MCV lists

From: Tomas Vondra <tomas(dot)vondra(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: Pg Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: PATCH: multivariate histograms and MCV lists
Date: 2017-08-13 22:48:27
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi all,

For PostgreSQL 10 we managed to get the basic CREATE STATISTICS bits in
(grammar, infrastructure, and two simple types of statistics). See:

https://commitfest.postgresql.org/13/852/

This patch presents a rebased version of the remaining parts, adding
more complex statistic types (MCV lists and histograms), and hopefully
some additional improvements.

The code was rebased on top of current master, and I've made various
improvements to match how the committed parts were reworked. So the
basic idea and shape remains the same, the tweaks are mostly small.

regards

--
Tomas Vondra http://www.2ndQuadrant.com

Attachment Content-Type Size
0001-Multivariate-MCV-list-statistics.patch text/x-patch 115.3 KB
0002-Multivariate-histograms.patch text/x-patch 169.7 KB