It is not documented that pg_promote can exit standby mode

From: ikedamsh <ikedamsh(at)oss(dot)nttdata(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: It is not documented that pg_promote can exit standby mode
Date: 2020-04-17 04:11:31
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi,

The document(high-availability.sgml) says that there are only two ways
to exit standby mode.

 26.2.2. Standby Server Operation
 Standby mode is exited and the server switches to normal operation when
pg_ctl promote is run or a trigger file is found (promote_trigger_file).

But there is another way, by calling pg_promote function.
I think we need to document it, doesn't it?

I attached a patch. Please review and let me know your thoughts.

Regards,
Masahiro Ikeda

Attachment Content-Type Size
0001-fix-doc-about-the-way-to-exit-standby-mode.patch text/x-diff 1.2 KB