Re: [Admin]Update 8.2.to 8.3

From: "Scott Marlowe" <scott(dot)marlowe(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: ALF <alfredlanger(at)t-online(dot)de>
Cc: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [Admin]Update 8.2.to 8.3
Date: 2008-02-21 21:32:40
Lists: pgsql-admin

On Wed, Feb 20, 2008 at 4:35 AM, ALF <alfredlanger(at)t-online(dot)de> wrote:

> Hallo Scott,
>
> after deinstalling the version 8.2 with fedora I got with the same command
> in /home/alf/pg83/bin the right version 8.3.
>
> I decided, I will import my Data with Navicat.

They make a nice piece of software. I've used it in the past.

> For the next upgrade I know there will be a lot of work for
> for me.

But remember that updates are cheap. i.e. 8.3.0 to 8.3.1 is just a
new package, no need to dump and reload. only when 8.4 comes out do
you need to worry about that.

> Thanks for your efforts, I have learned so much about fedora
> without rpm.

Yeah, my last workstation as a FC2 box and it was so dorked out by all
the source code stuff i'd built on it that it was starting to have
some issues. :)

Hope to see you again on the lists soon!