Re: MS Access 2000 w/ PGSQL 8.0.x

From: Timothy Reed <tareed(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Jeff Eckermann <jeff_eckermann(at)yahoo(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: MS Access 2000 w/ PGSQL 8.0.x
Date: 2005-08-26 21:02:30
Lists: pgsql-odbc

I have a solution!

Problem #1: The table I was trying to delete from did not have a
primary key defined! Add primary key fixed that.
Problem #2: THe "cache lookup failed" comes from if a form has a
hardcoded SQL statement in it that is looking where a boolean is true
(SELECT * FROM <TABLE> WHERE <FIELD>;). That is valid in Access, but
does not seem to fly to well between the ODBC driver and Postgres.

Resolutions: Add primary keys (which should have been there anyway).
Check all forms to see if there is an SQL statement in the
RecordSource property. I do not have "Bools as Char' checked and
everything (for now) seems to be running fine.

Thanks for the help!
Tim

--
--------