Re: encoding problem when creating a database

From: "A B" <gentosaker(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: encoding problem when creating a database
Date: 2008-07-02 14:55:35
Lists: pgsql-novice

alright, now I have created a new db-cluster with initdb -E UTF8
--locale=C and the encoding problem still remains when trying to
access with PHP.

Error ERROR: invalid byte sequence for encoding "UTF8": 0xe56e69 HINT: This
error can also happen if the byte sequence does not match the encoding
expected by the server, which is controlled by "client_encoding".

I'm really lost on what to do with this.
Any ideas anyone?