Re: Trigger and Trigger function, Part 2

From: John DeSoi <desoi(at)pgedit(dot)com>
To: Matt Iskra <Matt(dot)Iskra(at)doj(dot)ca(dot)gov>
Cc: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Trigger and Trigger function, Part 2
Date: 2005-06-17 17:39:57
Lists: pgsql-novice

On Jun 17, 2005, at 12:37 PM, Matt Iskra wrote:

> However, PostgreSQL is STILL giving me a syntex error on line two of
> the above function. The exact text is:
>
> ERROR: syntax error at or near "FUNCTION" at character 16.

The function as written works for me. I don't think it is a missing
schema error because in that case you would see a different error. My
best guess is there is some kind of invisible bad character there. Try
this: put the cursor in front of 'oc.' and backspace until it is next
to 'FUNCTION'. Then hit one space and try again.

John DeSoi, Ph.D.
http://pgedit.com/
Power Tools for PostgreSQL