Re: french po updates and ui patch

From: Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume(dot)lelarge(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Andreas Pflug <pgadmin(at)pse-consulting(dot)de>
Subject: Re: french po updates and ui patch
Date: 2005-11-23 12:49:47
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

2005/11/23, Dave Page <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>:
> > You'll find attached an update for the french .po file.
>
> Please send the complete updated .po and .mo file. Although there
> shouldn't be any issues with French, as a general rule I try to avoid
> patching the po files as they can be easily broken in ways that I might
> not spot.

I'll send it to you when I get back at home. Unfortunately, I don't
have it at work.

> > Please apply it in the
> > REL-1_4_0_PATCHES branch. Thanks.
>
> We keep all translations in sync, so I'll add the updated po/mo file to
> trunk as well.

OK, great news.

> > The second one aims to better use checkbox. You used a label
> > and a checkbox
> > instead of a checkbox with its own label. I modify this. I
> > think it makes a
> > better UI. You can click on the text instead of the box. Hope
> > you'll find
> > this interesting and that you'll apply it.
>
> Iirc, there was a reason why they're separate (I just can't think what
> it was) - can you remember Andreas?

I thought there was one but I didn't find it. I think label+checkbox
is a bit difficult for the user, but also for the translator. I have
much less room in the left part of the window. Or could we add more
space on this part ?

--
Guillaume.