Re: Windows max concurrent connections

From: "Mario Ferloni" <m(dot)ferloni(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Benjamin Krajmalnik" <kraj(at)illumen(dot)com>
Cc: "Scott Marlowe" <scott(dot)marlowe(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Windows max concurrent connections
Date: 2008-04-07 20:53:08
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi,

(reposting... I replied directly to sender instead than to the mailing list...)

On Thu, Apr 3, 2008 at 6:47 PM, Scott Marlowe <scott(dot)marlowe(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 3, 2008 at 10:11 AM, Mario Ferloni <m(dot)ferloni(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
> >
> > I am a bit concerned about the max concurrent connection problem
> > documented in the windows faq
> > (http://www.postgresql.org/docs/faqs.FAQ_windows.html#4.4), that is
> > due to user32.dll limitations. Now, my question is: what is the status
> > of this problem as of 8.3.1 version?
>
> Have you looked into connection pooling?

mmm... I have done a little searching about it (consider I am a bit
new to the pg world :) ):
* pgpool-II is not supported under windows. anyone has experience on it?
* pgbouncer? but the user.txt file...
* memcache seems to me to be not a viable solution (requires rewriting
any app to make use of it...)

or... is there anybody out there that faced the same problem? how do
you managed to solve it? can you point me to some documentation about
connection pooling?

thanks in advance!

best regards,
--