Error when building a dictionnary for tseach

From: "Laurent Thevenet" <laurent(dot)thevenet(at)7theories(dot)com>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Error when building a dictionnary for tseach
Date: 2007-03-14 00:32:58
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi everybody,

I have a problem while trying to make the dictionnary generated by gendict.

I'm using postgresql 8.2.3 on macosx
I get the sources on the postgresql website (not on darwinports or
everywhere else).

First, i went in the contrib/tsearch2/gendict directory and run config.sh :
./config.sh -n fr -s -p french_UTF_8 -i -v -c stem.c -h stem.h
-C'Snowball stemmer for French'
Everything was fine, no errors, ok everywhere

Then went to the ../../dict_fr directory containing the generated
files and run make but get the following error :
Makefile:3: ../../src/Makefile.global: No such file or directory
Makefile:12: /contrib/contrib- global.mk: No such file or directory
make: *** No rule to make target `/contrib/contrib-global.mk'. Stop.

There is no Makefile.global as indicated but there is
Makefile.global.in so tried to change the path to it but it gave me
more errors (but i'm not a makefile evangelist so don't know if it was
logic to do that).
And contrib-global.mk exists ../../contrib/contrib-global.mk but not
in the absolute path specified so i changed it.
But none of this modifications changed something, i got this error :
../../src/Makefile.global.in:318: ../../src/Makefile.port: No such
file or directory
Makefile:12: ../contrib/contrib-global.mk: No such file or directory
make: *** No rule to make target `../contrib/contrib- global.mk'. Stop.

I googled it and found nothing interesting. So you're my last hope.
For informations, I tried the same with the sources 8.2.1 and 8.2.2.

Thx by advance.
--
Laurent Thevenet
+33 (0)6 74 71 84 44