Re: list of extended statistics on psql

From: Tatsuro Yamada <tatsuro(dot)yamada(dot)tf(at)nttcom(dot)co(dot)jp>
To: Julien Rouhaud <rjuju123(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Pavel Stehule <pavel(dot)stehule(at)gmail(dot)com>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: list of extended statistics on psql
Date: 2020-08-27 23:42:55
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi Julien!

> Thanks also for the documentation and regression tests. This overall looks
> good, I just have a two comments:

Thank you for reviewing the patch! :-D

> - there's a whitespace issue in the documentation part:
>
> add_list_extended_stats_for_psql_by_dX_command.patch:10: tab in indent.
> <varlistentry>
> warning: 1 line adds whitespace errors.

Oops, I forgot to use "git diff --check". I fixed it.

> - You're sorting the output on schema, table, extended statistics and columns
> but I think the last one isn't required since extended statistics names are
> unique.

You are right.
The sort key "columns" was not necessary so I removed it.

Attached new patch includes the above two fixes:

- Fix whitespace issue in the documentation part
- Remove unnecessary sort key from the query
(ORDER BY 1, 2, 3, 4 -> ORDER BY 1, 2, 3)

Thanks,
Tatsuro Yamada

Attachment Content-Type Size
add_list_extended_stats_for_psql_by_dX_command_r2.patch text/plain 7.7 KB