Re: ON CONFLICT DO UPDATE for partitioned tables

From: Amit Langote <Langote_Amit_f8(at)lab(dot)ntt(dot)co(dot)jp>
To: Pavan Deolasee <pavan(dot)deolasee(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Etsuro Fujita <fujita(dot)etsuro(at)lab(dot)ntt(dot)co(dot)jp>, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)alvh(dot)no-ip(dot)org>, Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>, Pg Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Peter Geoghegan <pg(at)bowt(dot)ie>
Subject: Re: ON CONFLICT DO UPDATE for partitioned tables
Date: 2018-03-23 02:22:26
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 2018/03/22 20:48, Pavan Deolasee wrote:
> Thanks. It's looking much better now.

Thanks.

> I think we can possibly move all ON
> CONFLICT related members to a separate structure and just copy the pointer
> to the structure if (map == NULL). That might make the code a bit more tidy.

OK, I tried that in the attached updated patch.

> Is there anything that needs to be done for transition tables? I checked
> and didn't see anything, but please check.

There doesn't seem to be anything that this patch has to do for transition
tables. If you look at the tests I added in triggers.sql which exercise
INSERT ON CONFLICT's interaction with transition tables, you can see that
we get the same output for a partitioned table as we get for a normal table.

Thanks,
Amit

Attachment Content-Type Size
v9-0001-Fix-ON-CONFLICT-to-work-with-partitioned-tables.patch text/plain 39.0 KB