Re: [PERFORM] Regarding facing lot of time Consumed by Socket.Poll()

From: keshav upadhyaya <ukeshav2009(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Matthew Wakeling <mnw21(at)cam(dot)ac(dot)uk>
Cc: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [PERFORM] Regarding facing lot of time Consumed by Socket.Poll()
Date: 2009-10-15 14:40:00
Lists: pgsql-novice pgsql-performance

Thanks Matthew for your quick reply .
Let me make my self more clear.

Suppose While doing one operation in my project, total time taken is 41
min .

in this 41 min around 35 min is takne by this call --

NHibernate.Impl.SessionImpl.DoLoad(Type, Object, Object, LockMode, Boolean)
and DoLoadbyClass().

And i believe internally these calls used
System.Net.Sockets.Socket.Poll(Int32, SelectMode)

Which take most of the time not a bit* time .

And when i Use *MSSQL *no such kind of polling happens and it work in aound
2-3 mins .

So i believe Nhibernate config filles or some other configuration w.r.t.
Postgres is not proper or improvement required.

Thanks,
keshav

--
Thanks,