[PERFORM] Can we activate WAL runtime?

From: prakash <prakash(dot)kadam(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: [PERFORM] Can we activate WAL runtime?
Date: 2008-11-10 11:38:41
Lists: pgsql-sql

Hi All, I am using postgres 8.2. I want to use Write Ahead Log (WAL)
functionality to take a back up. I know one way to activate WAL is through
updating postgres.conf file with archive_command. but how do I activate it on
the server command line? Can we activate it runtime?

Thanks in advance.

- Prakash