Re: CREATE TABLE LIKE INCLUDING INDEXES support

From: NikhilS <nikkhils(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Neil Conway" <neilc(at)samurai(dot)com>
Cc: "Bruce Momjian" <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>, "Trevor Hardcastle" <chizu(at)spicious(dot)com>, pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: CREATE TABLE LIKE INCLUDING INDEXES support
Date: 2007-05-21 06:53:42
Lists: pgsql-hackers pgsql-patches

Hi Neil,

On 5/18/07, Neil Conway <neilc(at)samurai(dot)com> wrote:

> On Mon, 2007-14-05 at 22:58 -0400, Neil Conway wrote:
> > Has a revised version of this patch been submitted?
>
> In the absence of a revised patch, I can finish the feature myself, but
> I won't get the free cycles until after PGCon. I can commit to getting
> it done before the end of May, or else we can just push this to 8.4.

I had spent some time on this earlier so decided to complete and send the
patch to you for review. This patch supports copying of expressions,
predicates, opclass, amorder, reloptions etc. The test case also contains
some more additions with this patch. Please let me know if there are any
issues.

Also, if this patch is acceptable, I think the mechanism provided here can
be used to support "INCLUDING INDEXES" case easily too.

Regards,
Nikhils

Attachment Content-Type Size
including_constraints_v3.0.patch text/x-patch 37.0 KB