Storing images and other data in PostgreSQL from Ms Access

From: "C K" <shreeseva(dot)it(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Storing images and other data in PostgreSQL from Ms Access
Date: 2008-06-14 14:11:27
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi All,
I am testing the postgresql as a back-end for a project having ms access as
a front-end. I have linked postgresql tables and started using. It works
well for all data except the binary data. When used to insert/retrieve data
from such fields, ms access gives error that it can't recognize the data.
What to do? As per my knowledge postgresql adds some bytes to the binary
data to be uploaded. I have eralier used mysql and it work well. Is there
any solution for this?

Please help.
I am using Postgresql 8.3.1 and unicode driver with MS Access 2003 and most
current patches from microsoft applied on Windows Xp.

Thanks
CPK

--
Keep your Environment clean and green.