Re: POC: GROUP BY optimization

From: Andrei Lepikhov <a(dot)lepikhov(at)postgrespro(dot)ru>
To: Alexander Korotkov <aekorotkov(at)gmail(dot)com>, Pavel Borisov <pashkin(dot)elfe(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: vignesh C <vignesh21(at)gmail(dot)com>, PostgreSQL Developers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>, Tomas Vondra <tomas(dot)vondra(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, Teodor Sigaev <teodor(at)sigaev(dot)ru>, David Rowley <dgrowleyml(at)gmail(dot)com>, "a(dot)rybakina" <a(dot)rybakina(at)postgrespro(dot)ru>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Subject: Re: POC: GROUP BY optimization
Date: 2024-01-13 09:08:59
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 11/1/2024 18:30, Alexander Korotkov wrote:
> Hi!
>
> On Tue, Jan 9, 2024 at 1:14 PM Pavel Borisov <pashkin(dot)elfe(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
>>> Hmm, I don't see this old code in these patches. Resend 0002-* because
>>> of trailing spaces.
>>

>> AFAIK, cfbot does not seek old versions of patchset parts in previous messages. So for it to run correctly, a new version of the whole patchset should be sent even if most patches are unchanged.
>
> Please, find the revised patchset with some refactoring and comments
> improvement from me. I'll continue looking into this.
The patch looks better, thanks to your refactoring.
I propose additional comments and tests to make the code more
understandable (see attachment).
I intended to look into this part of the code more, but the tests show a
difference between PostgreSQL v.15 and v.16, which causes changes in the
code of this feature.

--
regards,
Andrei Lepikhov