Re: Problems with Access XP and text primary keys

From: "Ben Trewern" <bendottrewern(at)mowlem(dot)com>
To: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Problems with Access XP and text primary keys
Date: 2005-01-21 10:37:35
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Sorry I don't think I explained the problem clearly. The primary key is a
varchar(250) which I think I should be able to use. It is defined as a
domain.

If you look at the log entries from the previous post, while the app works
correctly the WHERE clause looks like:

WHERE "user_name" = 'btrewern' OR "user_name" = 'chappellj' OR "user_name"
= 'mcwilliamsf' OR ....

Then suddenly, and I can't explain why, it becomes:

WHERE "user_name" = 'b' OR "user_name" = 'c' OR "user_name" = 'm' OR ..

Just the first letter of the primary key is used. This then gives the
errors described.

Any Ideas?

BTW Ive changed back to using the

Ben.