Re: Server unreliability

From: "Greg Sabino Mullane" <greg(at)turnstep(dot)com>
To: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Server unreliability
Date: 2004-09-29 23:51:08
Lists: pgsql-advocacy pgsql-www

> Just curious here, but when/where? We haven't had a database issue in
> quite awhile that *I'm* aware of

Earlier this very day I got a page full of php erros when I tried
to view one of the mailing list "by thread". I would have wrote down
the errors and reported it. but it seems so par for the course I
did not bother.

My other concern is that often myself or someone else points out these
errors on the list, and *then* they are fixed. They should be caught
before this, either by testing by the people who make the changes
(which I've seen fail to happen), or by some sort of automated script
that does some quick basic checks.

- --
PGP Key: 0x14964AC8 200409291947