Re: Autogenerate some wait events code and documentation

From: "Drouvot, Bertrand" <bertranddrouvot(dot)pg(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>
Cc: Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)alvh(dot)no-ip(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Autogenerate some wait events code and documentation
Date: 2023-09-05 09:06:36
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi,

On 9/5/23 7:44 AM, Michael Paquier wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 04, 2023 at 02:14:58PM +0200, Drouvot, Bertrand wrote:
>> # Build the descriptions. There are in camel-case.
>> # LWLock and Lock classes do not need any modifications.
>>
>> Nit: 2 whitespaces before "There are in camel"
>
> The whitespaces are intentional,

Oh ok, out of curiosity, why are 2 whitespaces intentional?

>> Then, the only diff is:
>>
>> < Client,WalSenderWaitWal,Waiting for WAL to be flushed in WAL sender process
>> ---
>>> Client,WalSenderWaitForWAL,Waiting for WAL to be flushed in WAL sender process
>>
>> That said, it looks good to me.
>
> Ah, good catch. I did not think about cross-checking the data in the
> new view before and after the patch set. This rename needs to happen
> in 0001.
>
> Please find v5 attached. How does that look?

Thanks!

That looks good. I just noticed that v5 did re-introduce the "issue" that
was fixed in 00e49233a9.

Also, v5 needs a rebase due to f691f5b80a.

Attaching v6 taking care of the 2 points mentioned above.

Regards,

--
Bertrand Drouvot
PostgreSQL Contributors Team

Attachment Content-Type Size
v6-0001-Rename-wait-events-with-more-consistent-camelcase.patch text/plain 19.1 KB
v6-0002-Remove-column-for-wait-event-names-in-wait_event_.patch text/plain 52.3 KB