Re: backslash in psql win32

From: Martin Kanich <kanci(at)pobox(dot)sk>
To: pgsql-hackers-win32(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: backslash in psql win32
Date: 2004-06-13 12:19:15
Lists: pgsql-hackers-win32

Hi to all, specialy to Tom :-)

I have the same problem using backslash in mingw build of psql. the
reason for this "bug" is the use of readline
$POSTGRES_SOURCE\src\bin\psql\input.c

in function gets_interactive, if USE_READLINE defined the readline
function would be called:

#ifdef USE_READLINE
if (useReadline)
/* On some platforms, readline is declared as readline(char *) */
s = readline((char *) prompt);
else
s = gets_basic(prompt);
#endif

if I set useReadline to false, it would use gets_basic and this works
with cmd & winxp & german settings (backslash using alt-gr). I don't
know what exactly happens in readline() and why it's better than
gets_basic(), but it shouldn't be used with msys/mingw.

Have a nice day,
Martin