Re: PATCH: index-only scans with partial indexes

From: Tomas Vondra <tomas(dot)vondra(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: Kyotaro HORIGUCHI <horiguchi(dot)kyotaro(at)lab(dot)ntt(dot)co(dot)jp>, tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us
Cc: kgrittn(at)ymail(dot)com, simon(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PATCH: index-only scans with partial indexes
Date: 2016-03-20 16:00:08
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi,

On 03/09/2016 09:29 AM, Kyotaro HORIGUCHI wrote:
> Hello, thank you for the comments. The new v8 patch is attched.

I've looked at v8, and I do have a few minor comments:

1) indxpath.c uses get_plan_rowmark without including optimizer/prep.h
so the compiler complains about missing prototype etc.

2) check_partial_indexes should probably add back the 'break' at the end
of the initial loop, as index->baserestrictinfo is not initialized elsewhere

3) match_restriction_clauses_to_index does not need the 'rel' parameter
anymore, so we can remove it

Attached is v9 of the patch addressing those points, and also tweaking
few comments - either fixing typos, or perhaps making them a bit more
clear. And also whitespace/formatting on a few places.

FWIW if this patch gets committed, I think it's fair to list Kyotaro-san
as the primary author and myself as a secondary one.

regards

--
Tomas Vondra http://www.2ndQuadrant.com

Attachment Content-Type Size
partial-index-only-scan-v9.patch binary/octet-stream 14.2 KB