Re: [HACKERS] WIP Patch: Pgbench Serialization and deadlock errors

From: Marina Polyakova <m(dot)polyakova(at)postgrespro(dot)ru>
To: Ildus Kurbangaliev <i(dot)kurbangaliev(at)postgrespro(dot)ru>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org, Teodor Sigaev <teodor(at)sigaev(dot)ru>, Fabien COELHO <coelho(at)cri(dot)ensmp(dot)fr>
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] WIP Patch: Pgbench Serialization and deadlock errors
Date: 2018-04-06 18:40:36
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> Hi, I did a little review of your patch. It seems to work as
> expected, documentation and tests are there. Still I have few comments.

Hello! Thank you very much! I attached the fixed version of the patch
(based on the commit 94c1f9ba11d1241a2b3b2be7177604b26b08bc3d) + thanks
to Fabien Coelho's comments outside of this thread, I removed the option
--max-tries-time and the option --latency-limit can be used to limit the
time of transaction tries.

> There is a lot of checks like "if (debug_level >= DEBUG_FAILS)" with
> corresponding fprintf(stderr..) I think it's time to do it like in the
> main code, wrap with some function like log(level, msg).

I agree, fixed.

> In CSTATE_RETRY state used_time is used only in printing but calculated
> more than needed.

Sorry, fixed.

> In my opinion Debuglevel should be renamed to DebugLevel that looks
> nicer, also there DEBUGLEVEl (where last letter is in lower case) which
> is very confusing.

Sorry for this typos =[ Fixed.

--
Marina Polyakova
The Russian Postgres Company

Attachment Content-Type Size
v8-0001-Pgbench-errors-and-serialization-deadlock-retries.patch text/x-diff 174.4 KB