Re: How do you manage versions of your own code ?

From: "Kalle Hallivuori" <kato(at)iki(dot)fi>
To: "Robins Tharakan" <tharakan(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: How do you manage versions of your own code ?
Date: 2008-02-06 09:08:40
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Hi,

2008/2/6, Robins Tharakan <tharakan(at)gmail(dot)com>:
> After going a bit of back and forth on different versions that I am working
> on I think I might as well ask how do you guys work on an open-source
> development project once you are disconnected ?

We use Mercurial ( http://www.selenic.com/mercurial/wiki/ ). Works
great. New versions from the main project we import to separate
subtrees and carry our changes over with a diff from the older
subtree. I wonder whether anyone has a better method for that.

Looking forward to provide the cursored querying I promised last year
but that we are still working on,

--
Kalle Hallivuori +358-41-5053073 http://korpiq.iki.fi/