Re: GinPageIs* don't actually return a boolean

From: Yury Zhuravlev <u(dot)zhuravlev(at)postgrespro(dot)ru>
To: <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: GinPageIs* don't actually return a boolean
Date: 2016-03-18 11:36:23
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Robert Haas wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 2, 2016 at 9:48 PM, Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net> wrote:
>> On 2/11/16 9:30 PM, Michael Paquier wrote: ...
>
> We need to decide what to do about this. I disagree with Peter: I
> think that regardless of stdbool, what we've got right now is sloppy
> coding - bad style if nothing else. Furthermore, I think that while C
> lets you use any non-zero value to represent true, our bool type is
> supposed to contain only one of those two values. Therefore, I think
> we should commit the full patch, back-patch it as far as somebody has
> the energy for, and move on. But regardless, this patch can't keep
> sitting in the CommitFest - we either have to take it or reject it,
> and soon.

I know that we are trying to do the right thing. But right now there is an
error only in ginStepRight. Maybe now the fix this place, and we will think
about "bool" then? The patch is attached (small and simple).

Thanks.

--
Yury Zhuravlev
The Russian Postgres Company

Attachment Content-Type Size
gin_bool_fix.patch text/x-patch 692 bytes