Re: Moving a table to another directory

From: "Jaime Casanova" <systemguards(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Ezequiel Luis Pellettieri" <ezequiel(dot)pellettieri(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: "Milen A(dot) Radev" <milen(at)radev(dot)net>, pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Moving a table to another directory
Date: 2007-02-06 03:03:47
Lists: pgsql-admin

On 2/5/07, Ezequiel Luis Pellettieri <ezequiel(dot)pellettieri(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
> Thanks Milen, does it work on 7.4??

oops... your symlink will be ok... use the contrib oid2name to
identify the files corresponding to that table... and maybe the
indexes as well...

what i remember from the ancient era pre-tablespace (2 or 3 years ago)
is that a pg_dump and/or reindex will return all to it's original
state...

--
regards,
Jaime Casanova