Re: HOW TO RETRIEVE VALUE FROM TEMP TABLE ON THE INTERFACE

From: Jaime Casanova <systemguards(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Vasudeva, Rahul" <rahul(dot)vasudeva(at)capgemini(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-cygwin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: HOW TO RETRIEVE VALUE FROM TEMP TABLE ON THE INTERFACE
Date: 2006-01-14 20:14:43
Lists: pgsql-cygwin

On 1/10/06, Vasudeva, Rahul <rahul(dot)vasudeva(at)capgemini(dot)com> wrote:

> Hi,
>

> I am executing a stored procedure from an ASP page without any input parameters, in that stored procedure two sql queries are executed and the result is stored in a temporary table, now I want to retrieve the recordset of that temp table on the interface.
>

> There is an error every time on the Interface "Invalid Object" , although I am dropping the temp table explicitly ..
>

> Thanks & Regards
>
> Rahul Vasudeva.

As you have already notice, there are little people looking as this
list... that is because now that we have a native port to windows use
the cygwin version is deprecated... and i am suggesting you to do that
as soon as possible...

There other list you can write here: http://www.postgresql.org/community/lists/

About your question the reason is that temp tables un functions must
be declared within a EXECUTE... something like:

CREATE FUNCTION ffoo() RETURNS void AS $$
DECLARE
EXECUTE 'CREATE TEMP TABLE tmp_foo (fld int4)'
END;
$$ LANGUAGE 'plpgsql';

--
Atentamente,