|From:||Jaime Casanova <systemguards(at)gmail(dot)com>|
|To:||PG Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>|
|Subject:||someone working to add merge?|
|Views:||Raw Message | Whole Thread | Download mbox | Resend email|
there is someone working in add the MERGE statement?
i don't find much about what a good implementation of merge must have...
i think what it needs to do is something like:
- try to lock the rows for update
- if the lock cannot be immediatly acquire ask why
- if the rows are already locked, wait and try again?
- if no rows were found try de insert part
- if there was any other error, abort
- else update
so i suppose we can reuse many of the code breaking the merge in 3
pieces... for now they are just thougths, i will think more in this
and try to implement it...
comments? ideas? suggestions?
(DBA: DataBase Aniquilator ;)
|Next Message||Martijn van Oosterhout||2005-11-11 14:04:06||Re: Getting table name/tuple from OID|
|Previous Message||Merlin Moncure||2005-11-11 13:50:58||Re: 8.0 -> 8.1 dump duplicate key problem?|