Re: Removing unneeded self joins

From: Andrey Lepikhov <a(dot)lepikhov(at)postgrespro(dot)ru>
To: Greg Stark <stark(at)mit(dot)edu>
Cc: Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>, Ronan Dunklau <ronan(dot)dunklau(at)aiven(dot)io>, Laurenz Albe <laurenz(dot)albe(at)cybertec(dot)at>, Hywel Carver <hywel(at)skillerwhale(dot)com>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Removing unneeded self joins
Date: 2022-05-13 05:07:47
Lists: pgsql-hackers

New version of the feature.
Here a minor bug with RowMarks is fixed. A degenerated case is fixed,
when uniqueness of an inner deduced not from join quals, but from a
baserestrictinfo clauses 'x=const', where x - unique field.
Code, dedicated to solve second issue is controversial, so i attached
delta.txt for quick observation.
Maybe we should return to previous version of code, when we didn't split
restriction list into join quals and base quals?

--
Regards
Andrey Lepikhov

Attachment Content-Type Size
v33-0001-Remove-self-joins.patch text/x-patch 84.3 KB
delta.txt text/plain 25.2 KB