Is odbc much slower than npgsql?

From: "Peter Cai" <newptcai(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Is odbc much slower than npgsql?
Date: 2007-11-05 16:24:41
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Hi all,

Recently I found my C/S program becomes slow. So I analysed the tcp
traffic between my program and the Postgresql database. I found there
are occasionally tcp re-transmission and that's why my porgram slow
down.

But when I changed to npsql, the tcp traffic was cut off to only 1/4
and there are much fewer re-transmission. I am not sure it's the
problem of odbc or it's because that I am using odbc correctly.