Feature Matrix + 8.5a3

From: Thom Brown <thombrown(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "w^3" <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Feature Matrix + 8.5a3
Date: 2010-02-04 10:05:03
Lists: pgsql-www

I've just noticed the addition of 8.5a3 to the feature matrix on the
live site. I'm wondering if we should be displaying this at all,
especially since there will never actually be a final 8.5, or an 8.5a4
for that matter.

Also, I think it's a bit dubious including "contrib/hstore
improvements" as feature in its own right. Surely that's merely an
enhancement of an existing feature? I thought the purpose of the
feature matrix was to give a fairly high level list of features and
show which releases they are available in, not enhancements to single
features? Going down this path means the feature matrix has the
potential to grow out of control, effectively becoming more like a
change log... or I'm being too pedantic.

Thom