Re: Partial aggregates pushdown

From: Alexander Pyhalov <a(dot)pyhalov(at)postgrespro(dot)ru>
To: "Fujii(dot)Yuki(at)df(dot)MitsubishiElectric(dot)co(dot)jp" <Fujii(dot)Yuki(at)df(dot)mitsubishielectric(dot)co(dot)jp>
Cc: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>, Stephen Frost <sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net>, "Finnerty, Jim" <jfinnert(at)amazon(dot)com>, Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>, Tomas Vondra <tomas(dot)vondra(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, Julien Rouhaud <rjuju123(at)gmail(dot)com>, Daniel Gustafsson <daniel(at)yesql(dot)se>, vignesh C <vignesh21(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Partial aggregates pushdown
Date: 2024-03-26 11:33:21
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Alexander Pyhalov писал(а) 2024-03-25 10:00:
> Fujii(dot)Yuki(at)df(dot)MitsubishiElectric(dot)co(dot)jp писал(а) 2024-03-16 05:28:
>> Hi. Mr.Pyhalov.

>>> Sorry, I don't see how it works. When we have partial aggregates and
>>> having clause, foreign_grouping_ok() returns false and
>>> add_foreign_grouping_paths() adds no paths.
>>> I'm not saying it's necessary to fix this in the first patch version.
>> Our sincere apologies. I had attached an older version before this
>> modification.

Hi.
Found one more problem. You can fire partial aggregate over partitioned
table, but convert_combining_aggrefs() will make non-partial copy, which
leads to
'variable not found in subplan target list' error.

Attaching fixed version. Also I've added changes, related to HAVING
processing.

--
Best regards,
Alexander Pyhalov,

Attachment Content-Type Size
0001-Partial-aggregates-push-down-SQL-keyword-v3.patch text/x-diff 145.1 KB