Re: array of composite types to refcusor

From: "Merlin Moncure" <mmoncure(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: aasat <aasat(at)o2(dot)pl>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: array of composite types to refcusor
Date: 2008-05-27 17:38:14
Lists: pgsql-general

On Tue, May 27, 2008 at 4:48 AM, aasat <aasat(at)o2(dot)pl> wrote:
> hello
>
> It is posibile to get data from array of composite types to refcursor?
>
> In oracle like this
>
> open c_refcur for
> select * from TABLE(array_of_composite_types);

sure. AIUI, there is nothing that arrays of composites does any
differently from any other query in terms of how things work with
refcursors. You pull data out with 'fetch', etc. Since fetch is a
one-way ticket to the client, you will be limited to what the client
side interface library supports in terms of pulling data out of
composite arrays (worst case scenario you basically parse it out as
text).

I will humbly submit that our project, libpqtypes, is an attempt to
provide richer support for arrays and composites in the client side:
http://libpqtypes.esilo.com/

merlin