Re: Syntax Error?

From: Rich Shepard <rshepard(at)appl-ecosys(dot)com>
To: "pdxpug(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pdxpug(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Syntax Error?
Date: 2011-02-03 18:38:58
Lists: pdxpug

On Thu, 3 Feb 2011, Ewan, Michael wrote:

> The quotes should not be in the data. One of the "features" of COPY is
> that the input is delimited so you don't need quotes, at least that is my
> experience. I'll send you a sample script I wrote that creates a COPY
> script that can be run directly from the command line. Give me a few
> minutes to get back to my desk.

Ah, so! I've been using SQLite3 the past couple of years embedded in my
models and columns are flexible in the data they accept.

So, when I export the data from the spreadsheets I should either not
define a text quote or remove them in emacs before I COPY them into the
table.

This is highly valuable information!

Rich