Re: pgbench - add \aset to store results of a combined query

From: Fabien COELHO <coelho(at)cri(dot)ensmp(dot)fr>
To: Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>
Cc: Ibrar Ahmed <ibrar(dot)ahmad(at)gmail(dot)com>, PostgreSQL Developers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: pgbench - add \aset to store results of a combined query
Date: 2020-04-03 05:23:59
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Bonjour Michaël,

>> Sure. I meant that the feature would make sense to write benchmark scripts
>> which would use aset and be able to act on the success or not of this aset,
>> not to resurrect it for a hidden coverage test.
>
> This could always be discussed for v14. We'll see.

Or v15, or never, who knows? :-)

The use case I have in mind for such a feature is to be able to have a
flow of DELETE transactions in a multi-script benchmark without breaking
concurrent SELECT/UPDATE transactions. For that, the ability of extracting
data easily and testing whether it was non empty would help.

> Applied, then. Thanks!

Thanks to you!

--
Fabien.