refactoring - share str2*int64 functions

From: Fabien COELHO <coelho(at)cri(dot)ensmp(dot)fr>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: PostgreSQL Developers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: refactoring - share str2*int64 functions
Date: 2019-04-20 11:22:02
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hello Tom,

>> Yep, but ISTM that it is down to 32 bits,
>
> Only on 32-bit-long machines, which are a dwindling minority (except
> for Windows, which I don't really care about).
>
>> So the third short is now always 0. Hmmm. I'll propose another option over
>> the week-end.
>
> I suppose we could put pg_strtouint64 somewhere where pgbench can use it,
> but TBH I don't think it's worth the trouble. The set of people using
> the --random-seed=int option at all is darn near empty, I suspect,
> and the documentation only says you can write an int there.

Although I agree it is not worth a lot of trouble, and even if I don't do
Windows, I think it valuable that the behavior is the same on all
platform. The attached match shares pg_str2*int64 functions between
frontend and backend by moving them to "common/", which avoids some code
duplication.

This is more refactoring, and it fixes the behavior change on 32 bit
architectures.

--
Fabien.