Re: pgbench - add pseudo-random permutation function

From: Fabien COELHO <coelho(at)cri(dot)ensmp(dot)fr>
To: Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>
Cc: Thomas Munro <thomas(dot)munro(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, hironobu(at)interdb(dot)jp, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: pgbench - add pseudo-random permutation function
Date: 2018-10-01 11:19:42
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
> Subject: Re: pgbench - add pseudo-random permutation function
>
> On Wed, Sep 26, 2018 at 01:20:49PM +0200, Fabien COELHO wrote:
>> So, am I right to deducing that you are satisfied with the current status of
>> the patch, with the nbits implementation either based on popcount (v4) or
>> clz (v5) compiler intrinsics? I think that the clz option is better.
>
> Fabien, please note that v5 does not apply,

Indeed, tests interact with 92a0342 committed on Thursday.

Here is a rebase of the latest version based on CLZ. According to basic
test I made, the underlying hardware instruction seems to be more often
available.

> so I moved this patch to next CF, waiting on author.

I'm going to change its state to "Needs review".

--
Fabien.

Attachment Content-Type Size
pgbench-prp-func-6.patch text/x-diff 17.8 KB