Re: Constraint documentation

From: Fabien COELHO <coelho(at)cri(dot)ensmp(dot)fr>
To: Peter Eisentraut <peter(dot)eisentraut(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: Lætitia Avrot <laetitia(dot)avrot(at)gmail(dot)com>, bpd0018(at)gmail(dot)com, vik(dot)fearing(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com, PostgreSQL Developers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Constraint documentation
Date: 2018-07-13 08:39:53
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hello Peter,

>> I'm not sure what is the suggestion wrt to the documentation text. Is the
>> issue only with the first introductory sentence? Would removing it be
>> enough?
>
> Yes. But it would be even better to fix pg_dump.

Sure. The purpose of Lætitia patch is simply to document the consequences
if the current behavior. Fixing pg_dump is another issue:-)

I guess that this would involve postponing all non trivial CHECK
declarations to after all table and function creations. While waiting for
such a significant change, ISTM that documenting the issue is a reasonable
option.

--
Fabien.