Re: pgbench - allow to specify scale as a size

From: Fabien COELHO <coelho(at)cri(dot)ensmp(dot)fr>
To: Erik Rijkers <er(at)xs4all(dot)nl>
Cc: PostgreSQL Developers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: pgbench - allow to specify scale as a size
Date: 2018-02-17 14:50:22
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> Seem a nice addition but something isn't quite right; with '-s 50' (no unit)
> I get: 'scale 50 too small':

Sigh. Indeed, it seems that I forgot to test some cases... Thanks
for the debug. Here is an hopefully better attempt.

I also upgraded the regression test to test more that "-s 1". I also tried
to improve the documentation to point out that the result is an
approximation.

--
Fabien.

Attachment Content-Type Size
pgbench-scale-size-2.patch text/x-diff 7.8 KB