Re: Variable substitution in psql backtick expansion

From: Fabien COELHO <coelho(at)cri(dot)ensmp(dot)fr>
To: Gerdan Santos <gerdan(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: PostgreSQL Developers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Variable substitution in psql backtick expansion
Date: 2017-09-23 19:47:39
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hello Gerdan,

This is an internal address that should not be exposed:

postgresql(dot)org(at)coelho(dot)net

I'm unsure why it gets substituted by the "commitfest application"...

> When i try apply this patch he failed with a following messenger:

It just worked for me on head with

git checkout -b test
git apply ~/psql-server-version-1.patch

My guess is that your mailer or navigator mangles the file contents
because its mime type is "text/x-diff" and that it considers that it is
okay to change NL to CR or CRNL... which is a BAD IDEA (tm).

I re-attached the file compressed so that it uses another mime-type and
should not change its contents.

--
Fabien.

Attachment Content-Type Size
psql-server-version-1.patch.gz application/gzip 2.1 KB